About the Level 3 Improvement Technician Standard:
- Is an ideal learning and progression route for those employees who have already successfully achieved a level 2 apprenticeship.
- Is an ideal development programme for those employees who have some responsibility for the delivery of improvement activities and work within an operational team who identify and sole workplace problems has part of their normal work activities.
- Is an ideal apprenticeship standard for all employees who want to broaden their continuous improvement knowledge and skills, who are working in a diverse range of job roles and sectors to include, engineering, manufacturing, logistics, food manufacturing, service sectors, finance and banking, hospitality and health care.
- Is an ideal development progression pathway for team leader’s, supervisors and managers that lead effective teams that are focussed on continuous improvements and want an introduction to the key principles, tools and concepts of Six Sigma methodology to be applied in a work culture that embraces change.
Some of the tools and techniques we will teach included:
- Legislative compliance, statutory health and safety regulations, customer compliance and quality standards.
- Team formation, team working strengths and weakness, leadership skills, self-development and project and change management.
- Principles and tools of Six Sigma, containment actioning, lean principles.
- Problem solving techniques, improvement project selection, problem definitions, business cases for change.
- Process & value stream mapping, (SIPOC), Process Flow Analysis, Root Cause Analysis.
The continuous improvement behaviours we promote and campion are:
- A clear commitment for identifying opportunities to improve and drive for results.
- Focussed leadership willing to help and motivate others.
- Professionalism in the workplace acting in a moral, legal and socially appropriate manner aligned to all organisational values.
- Continuous development. Embracing feedback, self-reflection on own performance, a desire to learn new knowledge and skills.
- Safe working ensuring the safety of self and others, challenging safety issues and concerns.
The programme is a minimum of 14 months long and integrates into any existing lean strategy and CI philosophy.
It is Band 6 of the Funding Calculator and available to anyone in your organisation that does not have these levels of lean qualification already.